This project has changed direction so here are the three new proposed designs:
Mark I Overview
- Constructed from a recycled turbocharger unit.
- Mainly for demonstration and will not produce usable thrust.
- Unit will use a centripetal compressor since it is a turbocharger.
- 2 external powered pumps will provide fuel and oil.
- Single can-style combustion chamber.
- Propane fuel source.
- The unit will require a blower starter before engine ignition.
Mark II Overview
- Fabricated parts will be designed using CAD.
- CAD plans will be exported and outsourced to another company that will produce and ship the parts back.
- Linear compressor using an annular combustion chamber.
- Utility box support for fuel pump with an automatic cut-off spline drive.
- A1 fuel source.
- Self-starting unit will use a large electric motor with a shaft that will automatically disengage at idle speed.
Mark III Overview
- A second Mark II will be constructed in a similar fashion with the rotor blades reversed to counter the rotational force of the Mark II.
The Mk II and Mk III units will be expected to produce enough thrust for a small aircraft carrying 1 or 2 people.
More Info: Jet Engine Project News